MHG55542 - Re-used Nissen Hut, Auchterteang
A nissen hut, probably brought to the site for re-use from another location.
Type and Period (1)
- NISSEN HUT (Erected, Second World War to 21st Century - 1939 AD to 2100 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
Nissen hut, probably relocated to the site and now (2011) used as a garage. <1>
What is presumably the same hut can be seen on a vertical aerial photograph taken in April 2005 slightly to the south of its present location (at NH 92430 26523). It is also mapped in this location on Ordnance Survey Mastermap. <2> <3>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2012. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Boat of Garten. Yes. Digital. Site 101.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2011. Get Mapping 25cm resolution colour vertical aerial photography.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 924 265 (9m by 10m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||DUTHIL AND ROTHIEMURCHUS|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331617/auchterteang-cottage (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.