MHG55564 - Site of well, Teangue

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • WELL (Built, Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD? (at some time))

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

There was a well at NG 667 089 which was used for water for the church and a nearby house. The spring was further up the hill, and the well was fed through a piping system in the fields. Within living memory, people who walked to the Free Church often used the well. There is no tradition that it was a holy well. It was destroyed by a JCB in the 1990s. The current well was built after this destruction at the side of the road at NG 66747 08935. <1>

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NG 66747 08935 (20m by 20m) (GPS derived)
Map sheet NG60NE
Geographical Area SKYE AND LOCHALSH
Civil Parish SLEAT

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.