MHG55571 - Farmstead, Ardnish
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Remains of farmhouse was recorded and photographed by the ARCH Community Timeline course, 2011. <1>
At least three rectangular structures are clearly visible in aerial photography, with a possible fourth. One of these appears to overlie another but it is not possible to tell how these structures relate to each other from this aerial photography. The structures likely represent a farmstead associated with the sheepfold c. 50m to the north west (see MHG59357). <2> <3>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2012. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Broadford. Yes. Digital. Site 95.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2010. Getmapping aerial photography 2010. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 67938 24536 (20m by 43m) (GPS derived)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/331650/ (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.