MHG55588 - Highland Home Industries Shop, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SHOP (Built, 19th Century - 1880 AD? to 1900 AD? (at some time))
- None recorded
Before it moved to the grounds of Craigvar (MHG22486), the first home of the Highland Home Industries shop was in a small building behind The Shieling (MHG22633). In a sales prospectus for the Strathpeffer Estate from 1949, it was being offered as two lots; Lot 12a, a store for the Commercial Bank of Scotland, while the rear of the building, forming part of Lot 13, was described as offices for the bank (MHG22700). It was a tin roofed, timber building and appears on the OS 2nd edition map (1906), as well as in a photograph by Mr Wellwood Maxwell, c. 1900, in the possession of Mrs M. Spark.
Information from Duncan Finlayson, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011
Messrs John D. Wood & Co., 1949. Strathpeffer, Ross-shire. The Holiday Resort of the Northern Highlands. Part of the Strathpeffer Estate. For Sale by Auction as a Whole or in Lots <1>
|Grid reference||NH 4837 5823 (point) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.