MHG55616 - Glenorchy, Strathpeffer
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE (Built, 20th Century - 1901 AD to 1901 AD (circa))
- None recorded
This house is situated overlooking the Station. It was built c. 1901 and was originally called Stanley Villa, but was renamed in 1952. It had a room in the back near the coal shed with a cooker, so the family could live there when they let the villa for the season. This happened in a number of properties in Strathpeffer. The cottage built onto the back was built for one of the sons of the original owners.
Information from Kitty Campbell, ARCH Remembering Strathpeffer Project, 2011 <1>
|Grid reference||NH 48612 58342 (point) (GPS derived)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.