MHG56317 - Post-medieval boundary banks - Balblair Wood
Two post-medieval boundary banks in Balblair Wood were investigated in 2012-13 by CFA Archaeology in advance of a proposed extension to the existing Balblair Quarry.
Type and Period (1)
- PLANTATION BANK (18th Century - 1701 AD to 1800 AD)
- None recorded
Two post-medieval boundary banks in Balblair Wood were investigated in 2012-13 by CFA Archaeology in advance of a proposed extension to the existing Balblair Quarry. They formed part of the same boundary feature which returned on a 90 degree corner and continued beyond the investigation area. Both had accompanying ditches. A slot was excavated through both the bank and ditch of both features but no archaeological finds were recovered. Both were thought to be plantation boundaries dating to the C18. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4998 4406 (169m by 105m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.