MHG56451 - Possibly post-medieval dyke - Loch Glass
A drystone dyke on the east side of Loch Glass is shown on the OS 1st Edition map.
Type and Period (1)
- DYKE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A drystone dyke on the east side of Loch Glass is shown on the OS 1st Edition map. It was identified in a DBA and walkover survey carried out by GUARD in 2002 in advance of a proposed extension to the Novar Windfarm. It was found to consist of a low wall constructed from undressed slabs and blocks of micaceous schist. It was up to 1m wide and upstanding in parts to almost 1m. The majority of the feature lay within forestry. A suggested interpretation was that it formed the land boundary between two townships at Ruighe Phearchair and Tighiomair. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5326 7154 (639m by 683m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.