MHG56855 - Arrowhead - Dundreggan Estate, Glenmoriston
A bronze age arrowhead was found on top of some flipped topsoil during tree planting at Dundreggan Estate.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
A Bronze Age arrowhead was found by an unknown individual during tree planting at Dundreggan Estate, Glen Moriston. The find was reported to Treasure Trove by an individual who was not the finder. He said that machinery was being used to flip topsoil and the arrowhead was found on top of this. The arrowhead was looked at by Alan Saville, curator at NMS, who suggested that it may have come from a sealed context due to the crispness of the edges. Unfortunatley the finder has refused to give the object to Treasure Trove or report it and so the exact location may have been lost. The individual who reported it provided an eight figure grid reference for the find location. <1>
Listed in the Treasure Trove database (TT 47/13). TT artefact report attached below. <2> <3>
The arrowhead was acquired by Inverness Museum and is listed under Acc. No. 2014.047. <4>
- <1> Text/Correspondence: Ferguson, N. 2013. Email correspondence between Natasha Ferguson (Treasure Trove) and Kirsty Cameron (Highland Council). Treasure Trove. Digital.
- <2> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 47/13.
- <3> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 47/13.
- <4> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2014.047.
|Grid reference||NH 3359 1617 (point)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.