MHG569 - Township, Kinlochaline

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • TOWNSHIP (Undated)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Centred on 693 475

Kinlochaline. Settlement in two groups in the 18th century, at NM 693 475 and NM 695 478. Fields marked, and three ruins around the southern site. Occupied by 1755, seven houses in 1841, population then 31, but reduced to 9 by 1891.
P Gaskell 1968

Two unroofed, three roofed buildings, one of which is L-shaped, and four enclosures are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet liv). One roofed building and two enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1975).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 21 May 1998

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 6930 4750 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NM64NE
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.