MHG574 - Township, Knock
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Undated)
- None recorded
Centred on 675 454
Located at NM 675 454, extending SW are the markings of many early works. Occupied by 1755, cleared 1865.
P Gaskell 1968
Thirteen unroofed buildings, three of which are long buildings, one partially roofed building, two roofed buildings and six enclosures are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire, Island of Mull 1880, sheet lxx). Five roofed buildings and seven enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1975).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 26 June 1998
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6750 4540 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/79974 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.