MHG57504 - Wall, Bridgend
Type and Period (1)
- WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Situated on the south side of the river, this site was recorded by NOSAS in 2007 as part of the Scotland's Rural Past Project and is on both sides of a minor burn, with an extensive area of improved ground on the valley floor to the north. The site is at a point where the main road turns abruptly to cross the river from the south bank to the north; a track continues on the south side and may have been the original approach road to Dalbreac House.
759 Wall - NH 32102 54801 (east end) A substantial wall running parallel and on the north side of the track. It is of dry stone construction and “turfed up” on the north side, so that it has a substantial spread of 2-2.5m. It is generally 1m in height and continues west for several 100 metres.
NGR adjusted based on 2009 APs <2>
- <1> SHG24904 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Marshall, M. 2010. Report of Phase Three Loch Meig to Dalbreac: February 2008 to June 2008, August 2009 to October 2009. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.51 Site 759.
- <2> SHG27382 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3156 5482 (1074m by 141m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/308577/bridgend (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.