MHG57520 - Building, Allt na Turaraich, Balblair
Building at Allt na Turaraich, Balblair
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Allt na Turaraich, Balblair
A building situated within a field was recorded by NOSAS in 2007 as part of the Scotland's Rural Past Project. It halfway between Glenmeinich Farm and Carnoch church, close to and on the east side of the road.
1062 Building - NH 28804 53185 Situated in a relatively sheltered situation to the NE of a grassy bank this building is on a NE-SW alignment and measures 13.5m x 5.5m overall. The low turf and stone walls are 0.5m high maximum and generally have a spread of 1m. There are 2 compartments. The main one to the north is 6.5m x 3.2m internally, it has an entrance in the SE wall. The smaller compartment to the SW is 3.9m x 3m internally. Probably robbed of its stones for the nearby fieldwall. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 APs <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Marshall, M. 2010. Report of Phase Four Strathanmore to Loch Beannacharain: May 2008 - June 2009. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.21 Site 1062.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 2880 5320 (13m by 19m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/308842/allt-na-turaraich-balblair (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.