MHG57598 - Building/Possible sheiling, Creag Iucharaidh
Building/Possible sheiling at Creag Iucharaidh
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SHIELING (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Buildings, enclosure and milestone (1011 - 1013 and 1144) - centred on NH 2625 5084 Situated on a SE facing grass and heather slope between the river and the road. The sites are opposite the township of Blar na Beithe and there is an old track immediately to the east which would have provided the access to the township by way of a ford.
1012 Building/Possible sheiling - NH 26232 50857 A rectangular building aligned NE-SW with rounded ends and measuring 5 x 2 internally. The building is recessed into a knoll at its SW end where the face is 0.8m in height. There is some stone composition in the footings of the rest of the building and an entrance in the SE wall. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 APs <2>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Marshall, M. 2010. Report of Phase Four Strathanmore to Loch Beannacharain: May 2008 - June 2009. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.33 Site 1012.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 2623 5086 (7m by 5m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/308851/creag-iucharaidh (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.