MHG58075 - Building, Salnafairn, Lower Coire Mhalagain
Building, Salnafairn, Lower Coire Mhalagain
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Salnafairn, Lower Coire Mhalagain
Site identified during an archaeological survey of Loch Hourn by NOSAS in 2006.
Site 679 - The boulder footings, standing to 0.6m in height, of a building, measuring c 4.5m SE-NW x 2m internally, with an entrance to the SW. The northern corner of the building has been truncated by the adjacent burn. Both faces of the wall are still visible. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2010 Aps <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wombell, J. 03/2007. A Report on the 2006 Archaeological Survey of Loch Hourn, Inverness-shire. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.19 Site 679.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2010. Getmapping aerial photography 2010. XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9268 0981 (6m by 6m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289690 (Click to view HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.