MHG58162 - Fish Trap - Ratagan
A large fish trap identified from aerial photography at Ratagan.
Type and Period (1)
- FISH TRAP (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A large fish trap was identified in the W of the bay from aerial photography.<1>
A fish trap was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2011 (see link below to HES record for photographs). <2>
GIS spatial data created in 2018 based on OS master map.<3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9257 1918 (314m by 130m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/315753/ratagan (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.