MHG58165 - House and Kennels - Tigh an Uillt
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- KENNELS (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD? to 2100 AD)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD? to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
A desk based assessment using a wide variety of sources and ground survey was undertaken by the National Trust for Scotland of their Inverewe property and estate, published 1998. A house and kennels were identified. <1>
Tigh an Uillt was the house and kennels for Inverewe Gardens estate, one of several buildings built by Osgood Mackenzie between 1875 and 1902. The remains of the dog-runs survive in front of the old kennels which are now used for storage.
Information from NTS: INVG044 (JH 1998) <1> <2>
GIS spatial data created in 2018 based on OS master map.<3>
- <1> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <2> SHG20987 Text/Report: Harden J. Inverewe Archaeological Survey 1998. Archaeological Services. .
- <3> SHG23361 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8629 8165 (30m by 10m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/313769/tigh-an-uillt (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.