MHG58170 - Cottage - Torran Gorm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- COTTAGE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD? to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
A desk based assessment using a wide variety of sources and ground survey was undertaken by the National Trust for Scotland of their Inverewe property and estate, published 1998. A cottage was identified at Torran Gorm. <1>
This cottage is used (1998) by the NTS to accommodate one of the gardeners.
Information from NTS (SCS) May 2014 <2>
GIS spatial data created in 2018 based on OS master map. <3>
- <1> Text/Report: Harden J. Inverewe Archaeological Survey 1998. Archaeological Services. .
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8633 8165 (13m by 10m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/340159/inverewe-torran-gorm (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.