MHG58205 - Buildings, Cabuie Township
Demolished reamains of two building that formed Cabuie township.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Demolished remainstwo buildings are visible on aerial photography. <1>
Oblique aerial photography has recorded what is probably the demolished remains of two buildings that formed part of the Cabuie township.
Four roofed buildings and a system of fields annotated ‘Cabuie’ are depicted here on the 1st edition of the 6-inch map (Ross-shire and Cromartyshire 1881 Sheet LX). The area is now periodically flooded after the construction of a dam in the mid 20th century.
Information from RCAHMS (GFG) 19 May 2011. <2>
GIS spatial data created in 2018 based aerial photography.<1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 1575 6741 (73m by 25m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/311035/cabuie (Link to HES Canmore online record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.