MHG5830 - Sligachan Old Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
The bridge was Listed at Category B on 05/10/1971.
The bridge was Scheduled on 13/08/1974.
Built over River Sligachan c. 1810-18, engineer Thomas Telford. Disused. J R Hume 1977.
The bridge was Descheduled by Historic Environment Scotland in 2016, though the Listing remains in place. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 219, pl. 92.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Taylor, A. 02/2010. A Collection of Highland Buildings and Monuments. Colour. Yes. Digital.
- <1> Text/Designation Notification/Scheduled Monument: Historic Environment Scotland. 2016. Scheduled Monument Descheduling Notification - SM960, SM962 & SM3414. Historic Environment Scotland. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4863 2984 (50m by 50m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (3)
- http://kweimar.de/Bilder_XML.php?ket=15_09 (View more information on this bridge from a website about Highland Bridges)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1783 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11230 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.