MHG58401 - Intertidal Wall - Ardmore Bay
An intertidal boundary wall or remains of a fish trap are visible on aerial photography.
Type and Period (2)
- WALL? (Post Medieval to 20th Century - 1560 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- FISH TRAP? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
An intertidal wall or remains of a fish trap were identified from aerial photography captured 1999-2001. It is south of MHG58401, an intertidal wall visible on the 1st edition OS map. Although this feature is not on the 1st edition OS map, it could be another a boundary wall of similar function. <1>
This wall was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2009 (see link below to HES record for photographs). <2>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2204 6035 (78m by 79m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/313411/ardmore-bay (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.