MHG58507 - Building - Dunans
A ruined building is visible in aerial photography.
Type and Period (2)
- FARMSTEAD (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A ruined building is visible on aerial photography captured 2009. A series of field boundaries are also visible. <1>
A structure within a field system is visible on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps. It appears as two ajoining rectangular buildings, a larger structure to the north west and a smaller to the south east. <2> <3>
Later OS mapping up until the current edition depicts this building a single structure, with the dividing wall between the smaller and larger structure removed. <4>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1875-1880. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4680 7087 (15m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/313409/dunans (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.