MHG58516 - Building - South Cuil
Site of roofed building that appeared on the 1st edition OS map. There are no remains of this building visible.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A desk-based assessment and walkover survey of Cuil on the shore of Loch Linnhe, Lochaber, was carried out in 2010 by N Malcolm for RCAHMS' 'Scotland's Rural Past Project'. A roofed building is shown at this location on Bedford's marine chart of 1861 and the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire and Buteshire 1875, sheet xliii) but not on any subsequent maps. Its original purpose is unknown. There were no visible signs of any building found whilst walking the site. <1> <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 9821 5469 (40m by 40m)|
|Civil Parish||LISMORE AND APPIN|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/308818/south-cuil (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.