MHG58655 - Sheepfold - Loch Fada
A sheepfold built 1951 to replace another that had become inaccessible due to the raised level of Loch Leathan by the North of Scotland Hydro Electric Board.
Type and Period (1)
- SHEEP FOLD (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD?)
- None recorded
This sheepfold was built by the North of Scotland Hydro Electric Board, c1951, to replace the sheepfold at Armishader (MHG58656). The NoSHEB's newly built Storr Lochs Power Station had raised the level of Loch Leathan, cutting off footpath access to the old fank at Armishader, which was still used by South Scorrybreac Sheep Stock Club until this time.
Information from Scotland's Rural Past Storr Lochs Project, July 2011. <1>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based OS Master Map. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NG 4924 4854 (35m by 37m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/311708/skye-lon-nam-breac (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.