MHG58658 - Buildings - Bearreraig Bay
Two now ruined building appear on the first edition OS map and are visible in aerial photography.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
There are two ruined buildings on the shore in Bearreraig Bay separated by a small stream. One is at NG 51554 53049 and the other lies c70m to the S at NG 51549 53125. Two roofed buildings are shown in approximately the same positions on the 1st Edition OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire, Island of Skye 1878, sheet xviii) - the most southerly of these appears to be square.
Information from Scotland's Rural Past Storr Lochs Project, July 2011. <1>
Two ruined buildings are visible on aerial photography captured 2009. <2>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based OS Master Map. <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 5155 5308 (12m by 81m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/311710/skye-bearreraig-bay (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.