MHG58669 - Sheepfold - Gobernuisgach
A circular stone walled sheep fold.
Type and Period (1)
- SHEEP FOLD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A circular sheepfold appears on the 1st and 2nd edition OS map. <1> <2>
A stone-walled circular sheepfold and a block of rig, situated on the flood plain to the N of the River, is visible in aerial photography captured 1999-2001 and 2009, and was also photographed by RCAHMS (RCAHMSAP 2009). See link below to HES Canmore record for aerial photo. <3> <4>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based OS Master Map. <5>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1878. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1906. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Sutherland. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <5> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7691 1577 (12m by 12m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/315439/gobernuisgach (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.