MHG58690 - Building, Sheep Fold and Enclosure - Sand
A ruined building, enclosure and sheep fold are visible on aerial photography taken 2009.
Type and Period (4)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SHEEP FOLD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- FARMSTEAD? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A ruined building, enclosure and sheep fold are visible on aerial photography taken 2009. <1>
This site was recorded in general aerial photography of Sand in 2009 (RCAHMSAP). Two roofed buildings, a field system and sheep folds are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire and Cromartyshire 1880, Sheet CIIA).
Information from RCAHMS (GG) 14 July 2011.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6818 4883 (108m by 152m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/311702/sand (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.