MHG58725 - Sheepfold - Cluanie
A sheepfold overlies the Old Military Road.
Type and Period (1)
- SHEEP FOLD (19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A circular sheepfold is visible in aerial photography taken 1999-2000. <1> It is depicted on the 1st and second edition OS maps where it appears to overlie the Old Military Road, and therefore must post date it. Anopther, larger, square sheepfold lies the the west, which is also depicted on early maps. <2> <3>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <4>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 0665 1157 (10m by 10m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/315603/cluanie-glen-shiel (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.