MHG58796 - Light Anti Aircraft Gun Emplacement - Isle Ewe
WW2 concrete platforms on Isle Ewe
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING PLATFORM? (Second World War - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD?)
- ANTI AIRCRAFT GUN EMPLACEMENT? (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Site of a light anti aircraft gun emplacement with at least two concrete hut bases is visible on an RAF vertical air photograph (CPE/SCOT/UK 182 1319, flown 8 October 2013). The landowner has a map in his pocession from the War Office showing the location of ground to be requisitioned.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 15 November 2013.
Three WW2 concrete platforms measuring 4 x 8m. The sites were recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2014 Aps <2>
- --- SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 333403.
- <1> SHG27960 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.37 Site 17,18.
- <2> SHG27384 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2014. Getmapping aerial photography 2014. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8466 8906 (49m by 41m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.