MHG58831 - Battlefield Headquarters - Wick Airfield
Two structures located on the north side of the airport may or may not be the Battle Headquarters.
Type and Period (1)
- BATTLE HEADQUARTERS (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
Two structures located on the north side of the airport may or may not be the Battle headquarters.
Information from M Tucknott, 21st July 2013
There are features visible at this location in aerial photography, although it is not clear what they are. <2> <3>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2015. Getmapping aerial photography 2015. XY
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3630 5305 (85m by 49m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332169/wick-airfield-battle-hq (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.