MHG58836 - Volunteer Drill Hall - Kirk Lane, Wick
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- DRILL HALL (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A large drill hall is annotated and depicted on the 1st and 2nd editions of the OS 6-inch map (Caithness). The hall, which was later converted to a garage and then demolished for a supermarket, was the base for the Wick artillery company.
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 27 september 2013. <1> <2>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on the 25 inch 1st Edition OS Map. <1>
- <1> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 332560.
- <2> SHG28062 Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 906.
- <3> SHG23773 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-3. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Caithness (surveyed 1870-72). Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred ND 3624 5096 (37m by 37m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332560/wick-kirk-lane-volunteer-drill-hall (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.