MHG58844 - Enclosure, Isle of Ewe
Enclosure and walls on Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (2)
- FIELD SYSTEM (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
An unroofed structure lying in the corner of a field that forms part of a field-system is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xxxii). Two walls of the field are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1968).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 23 April 1996
Enclosure walls. The site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2014 Aps <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.49 Site 55.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2014. Getmapping aerial photography 2014. XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8518 8781 (178m by 225m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105028 (Click to view HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.