MHG58862 - Wall, lynchet, pen, fish trap, Isle of Ewe
Wall, lynchet, pen, fish trap on Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (4)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- PEN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- LYNCHET (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Boundary wall continuing down on to shore with lynchet at right angles, a circular pen, and adjacent fish trap. The site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 2009 aerial photographs <2>
Note; Boundary wall shown on 1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.53 Site 66.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2009. Getmapping aerial photography 2009. XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8612 8702 (63m by 54m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.