MHG58882 - ROC Observation Post - Fort Augustus
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- OBSERVATION POST (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
The remains of a Royal Observer Corps underground monitoring post are situated at this location.
Information from RCAHMS (HDS) 9th May 2012 <1>
GIS spatial data amended in 2021 according to the location of the site as seen on 1999-2001 vertical APs. <2>
See link below for more information on this site.
- <1> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 317902.
- <2> SHG27491 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 3740 0806 (27m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||BOLESKINE AND ABERTARFF|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/db/989386323.html (Link to Subterranea Britannic site entry)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/317902/fort-augustus-roc-observation-post (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.