MHG58920 - Farmstead - Relugas
A farmstead depicted with two roofed building on the 1st Edition OS Map and unroofed on the 2nd Edition OS Map.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
This ruinous farmstead comprises two buildings, one forming the ESE end of a rectangular enclosure, with an short outshot or extension attached to its WNW side and running part way along the inside of the SSW side of the enclosure. The second, smaller, building is attached to the inside face of the enclosure wall immediately W. A second enclosure, irregular on plan, conjoins the NW corner of the first.
Other than the outshot or extension, both buildings are depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 25-inch map (Inverness Mainland 1881, Sheet XI.13), surveyed in 1868, and roofless on the 2nd edition (1904, Sheet XI.13).
Information from RCAHMS (GFG) 8 March 2012
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on theOS Master Map. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5574 3969 (40m by 59m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/316264/relugas (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.