MHG58924 - Buildings - Longwood
A large roofed building and a group of smaller ones are depicted on the 1st Edition OS Map.
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- (Alternate Type) FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A building, comprising a long range with a short outshot or extension projecting from the middle of its NNW side, is depicted on the 1st edition Inverness 6 Inch OS Map, with four smaller building lying immediately to its north. On the 1st Edition 25 Inch Map, there are five structures rather than four, arranged in an arc immediately to the N. The building and structures are not shown on the 2nd editions of the OS maps and the site is currently obscured by dense woodland. <1> <2>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-4. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Inverness. Digital. XY
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 316273.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5344 4535 (54m by 44m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/316273/longwood (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.