MHG58941 - Sheep fank, dipper, pens, Isle of Ewe
Sheep fank, dipper, and three pens on Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (3)
- FANK (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SHEEP DIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- PEN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Sheep fank and dipper marked on early OS maps which has 3 pens. The site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 aerial photographs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital. p.67 Site 110.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8549 8865 (22m by 22m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.