MHG58961 - Enclosures, 'The Square', Isle of Ewe
The enclosures situated to the NE of ‘the Square’, Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
The enclosures that are situated to the NE of ‘the Square’ comprise a large rectangular stone walled enclosure divided into two, and several smaller ones beyond this. This site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe . <1> <2>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 AP’s <3>
1st Edition OS 6" <4>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2014. The Square: Situated on Isle Ewe. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.14.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8619 8773 (174m by 241m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.