MHG58961 - Enclosures, 'The Square', Isle of Ewe

Summary

The enclosures situated to the NE of ‘the Square’, Isle of Ewe

Type and Period (1)

  • ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

The enclosures that are situated to the NE of ‘the Square’ comprise a large rectangular stone walled enclosure divided into two, and several smaller ones beyond this. This site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe . <1> <2>

NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 AP’s <3>

1st Edition OS 6" <4>

Sources/Archives (4)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NG 8619 8773 (174m by 241m)
Map sheet NG88NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish GAIRLOCH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (1)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.