MHG58962 - Jetties with ruined boathouse, 'The Square', Isle of Ewe
Jetties with ruined boathouse situated to the NE of ‘the Square’, Isle of Ewe
Type and Period (2)
- JETTY (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BOAT HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Jetty with ruined boathouse. This site was recorded in 2014 by Malone D, MacInnes A & Buchanan J as part of an archaeological survey of Isle Ewe . <1> <2>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 AP’s <3>
1st Edition OS 6" <4>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: MacInnes, A.. 2014. The Square: Situated on Isle Ewe. Anne MacInnes. Digital. p.2.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Malone, B, MacInnes, A & Buchanan, J. 2014. A History and Survey of Isle Ewe. Unaffiliated. 2018. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8629 8777 (52m by 15m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/349861/gualann-mhor (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.