MHG59012 - Farmstead - Allt Mor
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Four roofed structures are depicted on the 1st Edition 6" OS Map. Only two structures, both roofed, are depicted on the 2nd Edition 6" OS Map. <1> <2>
A photograph taken by Erskine Beveridge was identified from Beveridge's field notes as being taken at a location (NM 9875 6801 MHG28206) in Glen Scaddle. Information provided to RCAHMS has demonstrated that the photograph was instead taken at Allt Mor, north of Blarmachfoldach.
Information received in a letter from A. Davidson, 17 June 2012
Information from RCAHMS (SIH) 20 June 2012
See link below to HES Canmore record for photgraphs, which appears to match the depiction of the two structures on the 2nd edition OS map.
- --- Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 318272.
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital. XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0947 6987 (53m by 33m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318272/allt-mor (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.