MHG59025 - Ardnamurchan Free Church - Kilchoan
A free church is depicted from the 2nd edition OS map, and is still in use.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
A Free Church is depicted on the 2nd edition 6" OS Argyll-shire map. <1>
Ardnamurchan Free Church, Kilchoan
According to Pevsner: Perfunctorily Gothic buttressed box of 1876-7, a metal bellcote on the gable. Contemporary manse adjoining.
Information from M Briscoe, 21 September 2013
See link below to HES Canmore record for photos of the church contributed by Martin Briscoe.
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <2>
- --- SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <1> SHG23893 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1900. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Argyll. Digital.
- <2> SHG23361 Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NM 4795 6422 (19m by 19m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332481/ardnamurchan-free-church (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.