MHG59037 - Bridge - Strathan
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A bridge is depicted on the 1st Edition 6" OS Map, and is annoted 'footbridge' on the 2nd Edition 6" OS Map. <1> <2>
The ruins of a bridge are visible in aerial photography taken 2013. It is between 3-4m wide. <3>
See HES Canmore record for photos of the bridge contributed by Martin Briscoe.
This bridge was likely replaced by the larger road bridge less than 100m to the NNW. It appears to have been dismantled and the remains are substantial. GW 06/12/18
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 2013. Getmapping aerial photography 2013. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NM 9775 9133 (18m by 20m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331754/strathan (Lin to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.