MHG59057 - Landing Ground - Delny
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- AIRFIELD (First World War to 20th Century - 1914 AD to 1920 AD)
- None recorded
Delny House is listed in Fife’s survey of First World War air stations as being used during the First World War for landing aircraft from ships docked at the naval base at Invergordon, and still in use in 1920. Its precise location is unknown. Recorded as part of HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project. <1> <2> <3>
Precise location is unknown. The four figure grid reference is indicative of location within the grid square only. GW 07/12/18
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: Fife, M. 2007. Scottish aerodromes of the First World War. pp. 91.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331307. XY
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Barclay, G.J.. 2014. The Built Heritage of the First World War in Scotland: The report of a project commissioned by Historic Scotland & RCAHMS. Unaffiliated. Digital. pp.9, table 2.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. Site 62.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7300 7200 (60m by 60m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||KILMUIR EASTER|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331307/delny-landing-ground (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.