MHG59091 - Engine House - Port War Signal Station, South Sutor
Part of the Second World War Port War Signal Station.
Type and Period (1)
- BATTERY ENGINE HOUSE (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- None recorded
Semi sunken engine house on the N side of the track to the South Sutor coast battery. This was the Royal Navy engine house for the Port War Signal Station and the controlled minefield. The bunker has two entrances at the N and S ends of a short passageway on the E side. At the NW end of the passageway is the entrance into the engine house. Another engine house lies to the WNW (see MHG59092). <1>
GIS spatial data copied from data supplied by AKK from the RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. <2>
For other installation associated with the Second World War Port War Signal Station, see also MHG36394, MHG59092, MHG59089
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8089 6705 (13m by 18m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331832/south-sutor-port-war-signal-station-engine-house (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.