MHG59108 - Corrugated Iron Huts - Cromarty Links
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- HUT (First World War - 1914 AD to 1918 AD)
- HUT (Modern - 1901 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Two corrugated iron clad huts stand on Cromarty Links. The owner of the buildings claims that the huts were constructed here during the First World War, but other local residents claim they were moved from the First World War camp site at Newton of Cromarty after the war finished (MHG59105). The huts roofs have been re-clad and outshots added on the north walls. The buildings are still occupied and appear to be in good condition. Recorded as part of the HS and RCAHMS' World War One Audit Project. <1> <2> <3>
See link below to HES Canmore record for photos of the huts contributed by Martin Briscoe.
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <1>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 332348.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Barclay, G.J.. 2014. The Built Heritage of the First World War in Scotland: The report of a project commissioned by Historic Scotland & RCAHMS. Unaffiliated. Digital. pp. 13, table 3.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 775.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7888 6762 (23m by 25m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332348/cromarty-the-links (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.