MHG59136 - Jetty - Loch Shieldaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- JETTY (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
A jetty is is depicted on the 2nd edition 6" OS Ross-shire map. It does not appear on the 1st Edition OS map, but a long substantial fish trap is depicted (see MHG59135). Part of this appears to have then later been used and extended into the Jetty. <1> <2>
This sustantial remains of this fish trap and jetty are visible in aerial photography. <3>
This features were photographed by RCAHMS in 2011. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <4>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 331354.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8068 7264 (18m by 81m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331354/loch-shieldaig (Lin to onlone HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.