MHG59139 - Enclosures - Priest Island
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Two stone walled enclosures, one circular and the other sub-square, are visible in aerial photography, on the west coast of Priest Island. It was during RCAHMS aerial surveys in 2012. <1> <2>
These enclosures are depicted on current OS Master Mapping (2018). <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 319296.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NB 9203 0194 (16m by 29m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/319296/priest-island (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.