MHG59361 - Building - Achnagart
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A roofed building is depicted here on the 1st edition OS map. It is depicted as unroofed on the 2nd editon OS map. <1> <2>
No trace of a building depicted on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps was seen during an NTS pre-afforestation survey of Kintail and West Affric in 1997. Remains of a slight turf & stone dyke was visible on Cnoc an Fhuar-thuill. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital. XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth. J. & Harden, J.. 1997. Kintail and West Affric Archaeological Survey. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 18/06/2004. Paper and Digital. KIN017.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 9623 1504 (18m by 16m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/317497/achnagart (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.