MHG59512 - Fishtrap - Lon Beatha
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A large fishtrap is visible in aerial photography at the south end of Loch Greshornish. It measures approximately 150m in length. <1>
This fishtrap was was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2011. See link below to HES Canmore record for photos. <2>
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 318064.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 3413 5137 (118m by 92m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318064/lon-beatha (Link to online HES Canmore record)