MHG59528 - Fishtrap - Drynoch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A fish trap located at Drynoch, on the opposite shore to the fishtrap at Merkdale (see MHG59514). It is visible on 1999-2001 vertical aerial photographs and is depicted on current OS mapping (2019). <1> <2>
It was photographed during aerial surveys by RCAHMS in 2011 (See link below to HES Canmore record for oblique aerial photos). <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
- <3> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 318081.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 3970 3168 (37m by 76m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/318081/drynoch (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.