MHG59530 - Inn - Crochaid Lusa
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- INN (Post Medieval to 20th Century - 1560 AD to 2000 AD)
- PUBLIC HOUSE (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
This site is an old inn, known as Tigh Ost Lussa or Lussa Inn, and was still in use in the early 1900s. It was important in its day as it served travellers going to Kylerea and Kyleakin.
There are only a few of the original buildings to be seen as the road going to the airstrip was constructed over the top of some of the old buildings. <1>
It is depicted on the 1st edition OS Maps as 'Public House'. <2> <3>
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH). 2012. Digital site gazetteer and archive for ARCH Community Timeline Project: Broadford. Yes. Digital. Site 101.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1875-1880. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Skye. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1877. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Skye. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6961 2435 (6m by 11m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331670/skye-drochaid-lusa (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.